We are working with local councils, agencies and communities to help provide new homes in the north west of Sydney that are close to jobs, parks, schools and services.
Plans for a new community in the Townson Road (part) precinct have been finalised. The rezoning process was managed by Blacktown City Council with input from the Department, stakeholders and the community to ensure a coordinated approach to planning for new homes and essential infrastructure.
Releasing and rezoning land for housing means Sydneysiders will have access to a range of homes that suit different needs, budgets and lifestyle choices. It also helps to place downward pressure on housing prices.
The new revitalised community at Townson Road (Part) precinct will benefit from up to 336 new homes and the delivery of local amenities close to transport options, including parks and shops.
Townson Road is part of the North West Growth Area.
The draft plan was finalised in June 2016 and new planning controls were introduced to enable urban development.
For more information please refer to the documents below. For more information about zoning and current planning controls, please contact Blacktown City Council on 02 9839 6000.
- Blacktown City Council Finalisation Report Planning Proposal January 2016 (PDF, 1 MB)
- Townson Road Indicative Layout Plan (PDF, 2.1 MB).
Blacktown City Council Growth Centre Precincts Development Control Plan
- Blacktown City Council Growth Centre Precincts Development Control Plan 2010 (PDF, 4.3 MB)
- Appendices – Blacktown City Council Growth Centre Precincts Development Control Plan (PDF, 1.27 MB).
- Schedule 7 – Townson Road (PDF 2.1 MB).
- Exhibition reports and documents at LEPs Online.
Page last updated: 22/12/2022