In 2015 The City of Canada Bay Council nominated Rhodes as an area for potential renewal and has been collaborating with the Department and state agencies on plans for the area.
Having listened to community feedback, the Department will lead a master planning process during 2020 for the land to the east and west of Rhodes train station.
The master planning for Rhodes West is underway and will be exhibited the first half of 2020.
The master planning for Rhodes East is underway and will be exhibited mid-2020.
Community benefits of the revised plan
- New, larger public open spaces and waterfront parkland at the foreshore.
- A site for a new local school for up to 1,000 students.
- Potential upgrades to the train station and access to the ferry wharf.
- Improved walking and cycling paths and access to public open space Additional commercial floor space to help create new jobs.
How can landowners be involved in the master planning process?
- We are inviting landowners to provide any information and/or plans for land within Station Gateway West and Rhodes East. This information will be considered by the state government when preparing the masterplans for Station Gateway West and Rhodes East.
- If you don’t have indicative plans or information prepared for your land, you can email us your suggestions.
- Landowners can provide documents and information up until 18 March 2020 via email or by contacting Brendan Metcalfe, A/Director Eastern and South Districts, Eastern Harbour City
- All land within Station Gateway West and Rhodes East will be considered in the masterplanning process regardless of whether information has been provided by the relevant landowner.
Previous draft plans
Previous draft revised plans for Rhodes were exhibited for public consultation on in both 2017 and 2018.
These plans are no long under consideration but you may view the documentation from each of these exhibitions on the Planning Portal.
Want to know more?
Register your details to receive email updates on Rhodes.
Page last updated: 04/03/2020