The Wilton Town Centre Precinct will be the residential, retail, commercial and entertainment core of the Wilton Growth Area and the largest strategic centre in the Wollondilly Shire.
The precinct has been rezoned, with a commencement date of 30 June 2023.
We worked with Wollondilly Shire Council and State agencies to prepare the draft planning package, which was on exhibition in November and December 2020.
The precinct rezoning will deliver:
- a major retail and commercial centre to provide jobs and services
- about 1600 new homes with a mix of housing types from detached houses to low-rise apartments
- land for a new public school
- a new major public open space including sports fields
- protection of 37 hectares of environmentally sensitive land and
- improved roads and public transport Infrastructure including provision for a central bus terminal.
What happens next
The rezoning of the Wilton Town Centre Precinct will take effect on 30 June 2023. This will allow time for a Voluntary Planning Agreement (VPA) to be finalised with the proponent to deliver key State infrastructure. We are currently working with the proponent on the VPA.
Once rezoning commences, the Wilton Growth Area Development Control Plan (DCP) will be updated to include planning controls for the town centre and employment land.
Want to know more?
Read our Infrastructure Phasing Plan brochure (PDF, 6.4 MB) to find out how infrastructure will be delivered in Wilton.
Register your details for email updates on the Wilton Growth Area
Page last updated: 27/02/2023