The department is committed to help keep the economy moving and people in jobs.
In July 2020, as part of the planning reforms work, we introduced the Planning Delivery Unit to progress priority planning projects, both development applications (DAs) and planning proposals, that may be stuck in the system.
Planning Delivery Unit – What we do
The Planning Delivery Unit (PDU) becomes involved when development applications and planning proposals move too slowly through the NSW planning system.
We work with proponents, councils and NSW Government agencies to resolve issues so that decisions can be made more promptly.
We don’t make decisions, and normal planning processes resume once the issues have been resolved.
The PDU operates in three main ways:
- Case management – to resolve significant stalled projects by coordination and mediation
- Concierge Service – to help new investors navigate the NSW planning system
- Planning reform – improving systems and gathering ideas on how to improve the planning system.
The PDU is based within the NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment and reports directly to the Secretary. All existing planning powers remain with agencies and councils, which also remain accountable for their decisions.
- In the first 18 months (from the PDU’s creation in July 2020 to December 2021), the PDU has worked across 557 projects worth $104.2 billion – case managing, negotiating, and providing ongoing assistance to customers.
557 projectsTotal number of projects the Planning Delivery Unit worked on in the first 18 months of operation.
$104.2 billionTotal project CIV value.
- Our case managers personally connected with all 128 NSW Councils to improve relationships and outline how PDU can assist.
- State agencies and councils are now proactively approaching the PDU for advice and mediation on complex projects and precincts.
View our work with Councils, Transport for NSW, Natural Resources Access Regulator and Woolworths.
Projects selection process
Projects can be referred to the PDU by developers, councils or government agencies.
The Unit assists with projects under assessment or in post consent approval phase that are experiencing unreasonable delays. Intervention in projects is at the discretion of the PDU, and projects go through a full selection process.
Please contact the PDU team via firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to submit a request for support.