The Parkes to Narromine (P2N) section of the Inland Rail project was approved in June 2018.
The project received planning approval for:
- an upgrade of the existing rail corridor (approximately 106km), extending from the Goobang Junction at Parkes to south of Narromine
- a new connection to the Broken Hill line, including approximately 5km of new rail, at the southern end of the project near Parkes
- three new crossing loops within the existing rail corridor at Goonumbla, Peak Hill and Timjelly.
To find out more about the construction work visit the P2N construction updates page.
For more information on the project you can:
- visit our Major Projects website and register to receive notifications about the project.
- visit the Inland Rail website.
For an overview of the project from Queensland to Victoria, see this map.
Page last updated: 28/09/2022