A concept proposal for the redevelopment of Cockle Bay Wharf will be on exhibition from today for community consultation.
The Department of Planning and Environment is keen to hear the community’s views on DPT & DPPT Operator Pty Ltd’s proposal for 241-249 Wheat Road, Cockle Bay.
Key elements of the proposal for a concept plan and demolition works include:
- demolition of existing site improvements
- up to 12,000m2 of public domain space
- building envelopes for a tower base and a tower up to 235 metres high
- a maximum gross floor area of 85,000m2 for commercial and 25,000m2 for retail development.
A spokesperson for the Department of Planning and Environment said the local community always has an opportunity to share their views.
“Community consultation is an integral part of the planning process and the applicant will have to respond to the feedback we receive,” the spokesperson said.
“This feedback is taken into consideration as part of the assessment.
“It’s easy to participate by going online and we encourage everyone to take a look and have their say.”
To make a submission or view the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), visit the Major Projects website.
Submissions can be made from Thursday 15 December 2016 until Tuesday 14 February 2017.
People wishing to make a submission are encouraged to use the online form if possible.
The form can be found at the Major Projects website.
Written submissions can also be made to:
Department of Planning and Environment
Attn: Director – Key Site Assessments
GPO Box 39
Sydney NSW 2001
The application and EIS are also available to view in person at:
- Department of Planning and Environment: Information Centre, Level 22, 320 Pitt Street, Sydney
- City of Sydney Council: Customer Service Centre, Level 2, Town Hall House, 456 Kent Street, Sydney.
Main Download List
15122016 Have your say on the redevelopment of Cockle Bay Wharf
Date: 15.12.2016 | File type: pdf | File size: 345.2 KB