The department worked closely with Blacktown City Council, stakeholders and the community to take a coordinated approach to planning for new homes and essential infrastructure, to meet community needs in Riverstone.
The new community at Riverstone will benefit from up to 9,000 new homes and the delivery of local amenities close to transport options, including:
- 3 new primary schools and a new K-12 school
- the Vineyard and Schofields neighbourhood centres
- a new community services hub
- upgrades to major roads
- improved connections to encourage walking and cycling.
The new neighbourhood will also help create new jobs for local people.
Riverstone is part of the North West Growth Area.
The plan was finalised in May 2010 and new planning controls were introduced to enable urban development. For more information please refer to the documents at the end of this page.
For more information about zoning and current planning controls, please contact Blacktown City Council on 02 9839 6000.
- Indicative Layout Plan (PDF, 944 KB) – superseded
- Post Exhibition Planning Report 2010 (PDF, 12.1 MB)
Blacktown City Council Growth Area Precincts Development Control Plan
Archived documents for this precinct are available on the Growth Centres Commission website.
Page last updated: 14/02/2023