Riverstone East is located in the Blacktown local government area, in the North West Growth Area.
The precinct is 656 hectares bounded by Schofields Road to the south, Windsor Road to the north east and First Ponds Creek to the west.
What’s happened so far?
The Riverstone East plan will be delivered in three stages. Stages 1 and 2 were finalised in August 2016.
Stages 1 and 2 will deliver up to 3,500 new homes and local amenities in Riverstone East.
These amenities are close to transport options and include:
- a proposed primary school on Riverstone Road;
- a new community facility next to the village centre on Guntawong Road;
- higher residential densities close to the Tallawong Station on the Sydney Metro North West; and
- access to essential infrastructure including water, sewerage and electricity, which is being progressively delivered.
What’s happening now?
We are progressing stage 3 in collaboration with Blacktown City Council and other stakeholders.
The first part of the work will be a review to determine what issues need to be addressed to progress the planning, including:
- working with utility service providers, such as Endeavour Energy and Sydney Water, to confirm infrastructure servicing arrangements.
- the role of Rouse Hill Regional Park as a recreation space within the North West and broader Districts.
- the future operation of the meat rendering plant.
What’s happening next?
Initial technical studies will begin once the scope of the work and key issues are better understood. We will prepare a work program and identify opportunities for community and landowner involvement in the planning process. We will also provide advice on the likely extent of the rezoning.
We received submissions on stage 3 during the exhibition of stages 1 and 2. These submissions will be considered when we formally exhibit a draft Indicative Layout Plan for stage 3.
- Blacktown City Council Growth Centre Precincts Development Control Plan 2010 - Schedule 8 Riverstone East Precinct (PDF, 6.8 MB)
- Blacktown City Council Growth Centre Precincts Development Control Plan 2010 (PDF 4.3 MB)
- Appendices – Blacktown City Council Growth Centre Precincts Development Control Plan (PDF, 1.61 MB)
Want to know more?
Read our frequently asked questions (PDF, 82.3KB) for more information.
Register your details for email updates on Riverstone East.
Page last updated: 26/07/2022