We are working with local councils, agencies and communities to help provide new homes in the South West Growth Area that are close to jobs, parks, schools and services.
The Department worked closely with Camden Council, stakeholders and the community to take a coordinated approach to planning for new homes and essential infrastructure, to help meet community needs.
Releasing land for housing means Sydneysiders will have access to a range of homes that suit different needs, budgets and lifestyle choices. It also helps to place downward pressure on housing prices.
The new revitalised community at Turner Road will benefit from up to 4,020 new homes and the delivery of local amenities close to transport options, including:
- 15,000 square metre town centre
- 77 hectares of open space
- 96 hectares of employment land
- improved connections to encourage walking and cycling.
Turner Road was one of the first land release precincts in the South West Growth Area and has rapidly developed since the completion of new planning controls.
South West Growth Area
Turner Road is part of the South West Growth Area.
Following extensive consultation, the draft plan was finalised in December 2007 and new planning controls were introduced to enable urban development.
Updates and changes
The Development Control Plan (DCP) was updated in November 2016.
- Refer to the State Environmental Planning Policy (Sydney Region Growth Centres) 2006 and maps.
- For information about zoning and current planning controls, contact Camden Council, phone 02 4654 7777.
- Transport Assessment - March 2007 (PDF, 22.9 MB)
- Turner Road Precinct Planning Report, May 2007 Part 1 (PDF, 9.62 MB)
- Turner Road Precinct Planning Report, May 2007 Part 2 (PDF, 2.88 MB)
- Turner Road Precinct Planning Report, May 2007 Part 3 (PDF, 207 KB)
- Turner Road Precinct Planning Report, May 2007 Part 4 (PDF, 12.7 MB)
- Turner Road Precinct Indicative Layout Plan Map (PDF, 388 KB)
- Turner Road Community Facilities and Open Space Assessment Final Report, March 2007 (PDF, 850 KB)
- Turner Road Bushfire Study Final Report, March 2007
- Odour Impact Assessment
- Noise Impact Assessment
- Report on Land Capability and Contamination Assessment Turner Road Precinct, February 2007 (PDF, 1.02 MB)
- Final Report Employment Land Study, Oran Park and Turner Road Precincts, March 2007
- Landscape and Visual Assessment Landscape and Visual Assessment - Part 1 and Landscape and Visual Assessment - Part 2
- GCC Turner Road Precinct Heritage Assessment, March 2007
- Ecological Assessment Turner Road Local Environment Study, March 2007
- Archaeological Investigations Archaeological investigation of the Turner Road and Oran Park Precincts within the South West Growth Centre, Camden NSW, January 2017 (Stage 1) and Archaeological investigation of the Oran park Precinct within the South West Growth Centre, Camden NSW, Stage 2 report, March 2007 (Stage 2)
- Ecological Assessment Turner Road Local Environment Study, March 2007.
Page last updated: 08/03/2022