Pitt Street is one of six new stations for the Sydney Metro line, which extends the new metro rail from Chatswood, under Sydney Harbour, through the Sydney CBD to Bankstown.
The new station was approved in January 2017 by the Minister for Planning and is located below Pitt Street and Castlereagh Street, south of the Park Street intersection and north of the Bathurst Street intersection.
The station will be part of the future Sydney Metro network, providing access across the network to the Sydney CBD.
The project is split across the following applications:
- Pitt St North OSD Stage 1 Concept – approved in June 2019.
- Concept modification approved in February 2021.
- Pitt St North OSD Stage 2 Detailed design – approved in February 2021.
- Pitt St South OSD Stage 1 Concept – approved in June 2019.
- Concept modification referred to the Independent Planning Commission (IPC) in February 2021.
- Pitt St South OSD Stage 2 Detailed design – referred to the IPC in February 2021.